Celebration of ASLMS women in energy-based devices
Congratulations on 25 years of pioneering work with Candela’s energy-based devices.
Candela congratulates Dr. Macrene Alexiades for being the recipient of the Melanie C. Grossman, MD award for leadership, mentorship, and advocacy for women in medical science.
Macrene Alexiades, MD, PhD, an Associate Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine, was selected for the Melanie C. Grossman, MD Award for leadership, mentorship, and advocacy for women in medical science at the 41st Annual Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS).
Dr. Alexiades will be embarking on pivotal work for a new short-pulse RF micro-needling device. Her previous work with the Profound® bipolar RF micro-needling device and the CO2RE® laser system has been published in the literature:
- Alexiades M, Munavalli GS. Single Treatment Protocol with Microneedle Fractional Radiofrequency for Treatment of Body Skin Laxity and Fat Deposits. Lasers Surg Med. 2021 Oct;53(8):1026-1031. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8518615/
- Alexiades M. Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment of the Vulva and Vagina and the Effect of Postmenopausal Duration on Efficacy. Lasers Surg Med. 2021 Feb;53(2):185-198. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7984360/
- Alexiades M. Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment for Vulval Skin and Objective Quantifiable Effect on Vaginal pH. J Drugs Dermatol. 2020 Nov 1;19(11):1024-1025. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33196755/
- Alexiades M, Munavalli G, Goldberg D, Berube D. Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial of a Temperature-Controlled Subcutaneous Microneedle Fractional Bipolar Radiofrequency System for the Treatment of Cellulite. Dermatol Surg. 2018 Oct;44(10):1262-1271. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30222637/
- Alexiades M, Berube D. Randomized, Blinded, 3-Arm Clinical Trial Assessing Optimal Temperature and Duration for Treatment with Minimally Invasive Fractional Radiofrequency. Dermatol Surg. 2015 May;41(5):623-32. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25915628/
- Alexiades-Armenakas M, Newman J, Willey A, Kilmer S, Goldberg D, Garden J, Berman D, Stridde B, Renton B, Berube D, Hantash BM. Prospective Multicenter Clinical Trial of a Minimally Invasive Temperature-Controlled Bipolar Fractional Radiofrequency System for Rhytid and Laxity Treatment. Dermatol Surg. 2013 Feb;39(2):263-73. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23278964/
- Alexiades-Armenakas M, Rosenberg D, Renton B, Dover J, Arndt K. Blinded, Randomized, Quantitative Grading Comparison of Minimally Invasive, Fractional Radiofrequency and Surgical Face-lift to Treat Skin Laxity. Arch Dermatol. 2010 Apr;146(4):396-405. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamadermatology/fullarticle/421265