Use of the alexandrite laser for treatment of seborrheic keratoses
PubMed Reference: Mehrabi D, Brodell RT. Dermatol Surg. 2002 May.
- Male patient treated for hundreds of seborrheic keratosis and areas of mild hypopigmentation due to previous liquid nitrogen therapy
- 4 test spots to lesions, using 755nm wavelength, 100 J/cm2&fluence and 8 mm spot size
- After 12-day follow-up, same parameters were used to treat hundreds of sites in 3 sessions
- After 1 treatment, most lesions responded by turning black, becoming brittle and detaching within 2 weeks
- Some noticeable scarring and hypopigmentation occurred
- Patient was extremely satisfied with treatment