Treatment of acne scars by fractional bipolar radiofrequency energy
PubMed Reference:Gold MH. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2012 Aug;14(4):172-8.
- 10 females (skin types I-V) with mild to moderate acne scars
- 3 monthly fractional bipolar RF treatments
- Physician-assessed acne scar severity by ECCA grading scale
- Physician assessment of cosmetic appearance
- Patient satisfaction and improvement
- 90% of subjects showed improvement in cosmetic appearance
- Significant reduction in the median ECCA scar grading scale compared to baseline
- Subject-assessed fine lines and wrinkles, brightness, tightness, acne scar texture, pigmentation were all improved significantly
- High patient satisfaction
- Transient erythema and no lasting side effects.