The clinical experience and efficacy of bipolar radiofrequency with fractional photothermolysis for aged Asian skin
PubMed Reference:Akita et al. Exp Dermatol. 2014 Oct;23 Suppl 1:37-42.
- 10 Japanese women (skin types III-IV) with photo-aged skin
- 3 fractional bipolar RF treatments every 4-6 weeks
- Physician assessment of photos for wrinkles and sagging skin
- Patient satisfaction and improvement
- Statistically significant improvement in average wrinkle scores for crow's feet and lower eyelid
- 60% of the subjects showed good to excellent improvement in nasolabial sagging
- Similar improvements were observed in the subjective evaluations
- Mild erythema and edema with no PIH or other lasting side effects
- Patients were satisfied with treatment.