The application of 595-nm pulsed dye laser for vascular anomalies in a Chinese population: a 10-year experience
Several hundred Chinese subjects were treated with the Vbeam Perfecta for various vascular anomalies. PDL proved to be an effective and safe therapeutic modality for managing vascular anomalies in Chinese patients.
PubMed Reference:Lin MY, Lin CS, Hu S, et al. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2018 Jul 27.
- 431 Chinese patients (259 females and 172 males; Fitzpatrick skin types III-IV) with 8 different types of vascular anomalies were treated with 595-nm PDL (Vbeam Perfecta) - see Table below.
- Independent evaluation by 2 dermatologists, using an Investigator Global Assessment (IGA) 5-point scale of score 1=0%, no improvement to score 5=75-100%, excellent improvement.
- Improvements were significantly correlated with infantile hemangioma (IH) subtypes.
- Significant correlation between efficacy and lesion color, anatomical sites, and hypertrophic-type port-wine stain (PWS) was found (p < 0.05). No significant correlation between efficacy and age or sex (p > 0.05).
- Pigmentary changes occurred with IH and PWS lesions only.