Pulsed dye laser treatment of rosacea using a novel 15mm spot size
The Vbeam Prima was used to treat moderate to severe rosacea in male and female subjects. The majority of patients saw significant improvement without hypo-/hyperpigmentation or scarring.
PubMed Reference: Bernstein EF, et al. Lasers Surg Med. Lasers Surg Med. 2018 Apr 10.
- 19 subjects (16 females, 3 males; mean age 52 years, range 36-69 years; Fitzpatrick Skin Types II-IV) with rosacea (primarily moderate to severe) were treated with 595nm pulsed dye laser.
- Vbeam Prima parameters:
- Linear vessels: 3x10 mm spot size with fluence 15 J/cm2 and 40ms pulses;
- Full face diffuse redness: 15mm with fluence range 6.25-7 J/cm2 and 3ms pulse duration
- DCD cooling (40ms cooling/20ms delay).
- 3 (n= 2 subjects) or 4 treatments (n=17 subjects) administered at 4-week intervals.
- 3 blinded investigators graded rosacea on a 11-point scale of from 0 to 100% improvement in 10% increments.
- Blinded evaluation success rate of 96.5% (55/57 post-treatment images correctly identified).
- 84.2% (16/19 subjects) had >40% improvement.
- No hypo-/hyperpigmentation or scarring.