Prospective comparison treatment of 595-nm pulsed-dye lasers for virgin port-wine stain
Several patients were treated for port-wine stains on adjacent sites with a Vbeam and with a Cynergy (Cynosure Corp). The Vbeam showed a significantly higher blanching rate without scarring or permanent pigmentation change.
PubMed Reference:Yu W, Ma G, Qiu Y, Chen H, et al. Br J Dermatol. 2015 Mar.
- 22 subjects with PWS treated on adjacent sites by both Vbeam and Cynergy 595nm PDL devices.
- Vbeam parameters: radiant exposure of 11 J/cm2, 1.5 ms pulse duration, 7 mm spot size, DCD cooling (30 ms cooling/20 ms delay).
- Cynergy® (Cynosure Corp) parameters: radiant exposure of 11 J/cm2, 2 ms pulse duration, 7 mm spot size, cold-air cooling system of level three.
- 3 treatments on both sites.
- Chromameter and visual assessment at 2-months post treatment.
- Average blanching rate was statistically higher for Vbeam sites (36.4%) compared to Cynergy sites (21.24%).
- No scarring or permanent pigmentation change.