Laser hair removal: long-term results with a 755 nm alexandrite laser
PubMed Reference:Eremia S, Li CY, Umar SH, Newman N. Dermatol Surg. 2001 Nov.
- Retrospective chart review of 89 patients with skin types I-V, who underwent a total of 492 alexandrite laser treatments (mean of 5.6 treatments) at 4 to 6-week intervals
- Treatment sites included: axillae, bikini, extremities, face, and trunk
- Spot sizes of 10-15 mm, fluences ranging from 20-50 J/cm2, 3 msec pulse-width, and a dynamic cryogen spray skin cooling system.
- Mean hair reduction of 74% for all areas
- Significant correlation between efficacy and fluence (higher fluence = higher efficacy)
- Transient side effects only. No scarring or lasting adverse events.