Histological studies of facial acne and atrophic acne scars treated with a bipolar fractional radiofrequency system
PubMed Reference:Kaminaka C, et al. J Dermatol. 2014 May;41(5):435-8.
- 6 subjects with atrophic acne scars and acne vulgaris
- Histological studies to compare one vs. two passes with fractional RF
- 2-pass treatment created deeper dermal thermal injury zones compared to 1-pass treatment
- Collagen was coagulated in the sebaceous glands and periadnexal structures after 2-pass treatment
- No severe side-effects were observed after treatment
- Large benefit is the preservation of adnexal structures.