A predictive model of minimally invasive bipolar fractional radiofrequency skin treatment
A model for optimal treatment parameters was examined incorporating temperature feedback, selectable target dermal temperatures and an epidermal cooling plate.
PubMed Reference:Berube D, Renton B, Hantash BM. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41(7):473-8.
- Develop a model for optimal treatment parameters
- The model incorporated temperature feedback, selectable target dermal temperatures & an epidermal cooling plate
- Areas of thermal injury were validated with in vivo histology results
- Model showed good correlation with data collected during clinical evaluation
- Lesion size predicted by the model matched histology samples
- Heating confined to both ends of the electrodes
- Epidermal layer temperature underneath the cooling plate constant (<37°C)
- 96% of the power was deposited in the dermis without spreading to nearby skin layers