A fractional bipolar radiofrequency device combined with a bipolar radiofrequency and infrared light treatment for improvement in facial wrinkles and overall skin tone and texture
PubMed Reference:Gold AH, Pozner J, Weiss R. Aesthet Surg J. 2016 Oct.
- 56 patients (52 females and 4 males) with mild to moderate facial wrinkles & Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-VI treated.
- 3 full-face treatments at 4 to 6 week intervals.
- Sublime (energy range of 80-120 J/cm3) + Sublative RF (energy range of 30-65 mJ/pin).
- Investigator and subject assessment, using the Global Aesthetic Improvement (GAI) scale.
- Fitzpatrick Wrinkling and Elastosis Score was decreased significantly at 3 months (P<.01) and 6 months (P < .001) after the final treatment.
- 88% and 82% of subjects showed improvement on the GAI scale at the 12 and 24-week follow-ups, respectively.
- 86% and 81% subject satisfaction at follow-ups.
- No post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) or scarring was observed.