American Spa decided to announce the 2019 winners its Professional Choice Awards.
What Is Nordlys™?
The Nordlys™ treatment utilizes advanced technology to improve the appearance of your skin.
3 advanced technologies to help you look and feel your best.
Everyone’s skin is unique and not all skin conditions can be treated the same way. That’s why the Nordlys™ system offers three different state-of-the-art technologies:
Ellipse IPL™ (short for Intense Pulsed Light) uses exclusive technology to target problem areas with very narrow light beams. Result: less heat on your skin. And fewer treatments compared to other IPLs.1
Frax 1550 laser delivers very small, controlled bursts of heat energy to resurface skin.2 Thanks to the laser’s unique technology, treatments can be customized to your specific needs.2 Treatments take just a short time, and healing and recovery are quick.
Nd:YAG 1064 laser is designed to treat a wide range of skin concerns — from leg veins to port wine stains. Its built-in SoftCool™ technology delivers a stream of cool air for greater comfort during and after treatment.3
How do you want to transform your skin?
Learn how the Nordlys™ system can help
Clear your acne.
The Nordlys™ system gently treats acne by delivering narrow light wavelengths with Ellipse IPL™. No topical anesthetics are required and many patients describe the treatment as practically pain-free, like a flick from a rubber band, followed by a sensation similar to the feeling of gentle warmth after a day on the beach.
Rejuvenate your skin.
The Ellipse IPL™ treatment makes your skin look clear and bright by delivering short bursts of light that directly target the blood vessels or melanin within your skin. It delivers clinically proven results in the treatment of skin rejuvenation. In fact, in one study, 83% of patients had a greater than 50% improvement in cleared vessels.5
Permanently reduce unwanted hair.
The Ellipse IPL™ treatment can help. It targets unwanted hair follicles with short bursts of light. Treatments are quick — from just a few minutes for the upper lip to about 30 minutes for the back or both legs. And the results are impressive and clinically proven.
Reduce redness, unsightly veins, birthmarks, and more.
Ellipse IPL™ technology and the Nordlys™ system’s Nd:YAG laser can both help improve the appearance of vascular lesions, such as:
- Port wine stains
- Leg veins
- Broken capillaries
- Diffuse redness
- Cherry angiomas
In clinical studies, 80% of patients had a greater than 50% reduction in the number of vessels9 and 78% of patients with rosacea reported being very satisfied.10
Reclaim your skin’s youthful look, texture, and tone.
With the Frax 1550 treatment, you can:2
- Smooth textural irregularities
- Rejuvenate sun-damaged skin
- Improve skin texture
The treatment is clinically proven to improve the appearance of skin with short downtime and minimal side effects.8
Contact a Provider
Learn more or schedule a visit
- Facial photo rejuvenation using two different Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) wavelength bands. Peter Bjerring, MD et al. (Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 34: 120 - 126, 2004).
- Ellipse Nordlys™ 510(k) clearance (K161162), September 2016.
- W. James Tidwell, Courtney Green, Daniel Jensen & E. Victor Ross (2018) Clinical evaluation and in-vivo analysis of the performance of a fractional infrared 1550 nm laser system for skin rejuvenation, Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy.
- Jiang Li, et al. Clinical Study and Evaluation of Treatment of Face Acne Vulgaris with Intense Pulsed Light. Chin J Dermato Venerol Integ Trad W Med. 2009;8(6).
- Hai-Ling Z, Wen-lin Y, Dong Z, Kai-hua Y. Clinical application of Ellipse Flex intense pulsed light in facial skin diseases in 349 patients. Chinese Journal of Medical Aesthetics and Cosmetology. 2007;13(6):335-337.
- Zeng D, et al. Hair removal with Ellipse Flex intense pulsed light system. Chin J Aesthet Med. 2006;15(11).
- Hee Lee J, Huh C-H, Yoon HJ, Cho KH. Photo-epilation results of axillary hair in dark-skinned patients by intense pulsed light: comparison between different wavelengths and pulse width. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32(2):234-240.
- Tidwell WJ, Green C, Jensen D, Ross EV. Clinical evaluation and in-vivo analysis of the performance of a fractional infrared 1550 nm laser system for skin rejuvenation. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2018;20(6):1-4.
- Bjerring P, Christiansen K, Troilius A. Intense pulsed light source for treatment of facial telangiectasias. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2001;3(4):169-173.
- Kim BY, Moon H-R, Ryu HJ. Comparative efficacy of short-pulsed intense pulsed light and pulsed dye laser to treat rosacea. J Cosmet Laser Ther. DOI: 10.1080/14764172.2018.1528371.
- Chang SE, Ahn SJ, Rhee DY, Choi JH, et al. Treatment of facial acne papules and pustules in Korean patients using an intense pulsed light device equipped with a 530- to 750-nm filter. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33(6):676-679. Chang SE, Ahn SJ, Rhee DY, Choi JH, et al. Treatment of facial acne papules and pustules in Korean patients using an intense pulsed light device equipped with a 530- to 750-nm filter. Dermatol Surg. 2007;33(6):676-679.
- US patent registration: 8226696B1. Candela, data on file.
- Bjerring P, Christiansen K, Troilius A, Derickx C. Facial photo rejuvenation using two different intense pulsed light (IPL) wavelength bands. Lasers Surg Med. 2004;34(2)120-126.
- Photorejuvenation by Intense Pulsed Light with objective measurement of skin colour in Japanese patients. Kei Negishi, MD et al. (Dermatol Surg 2006; 32: 1380 - 1387) – Durch Fachleute überprüfte Artikel