How does Profound work?
A single Profound treatment stimulates your body to naturally reproduce collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid to revitalize the skin and build new, healthy tissue. The Profound treatment is clinically proven to stimulate your body’s own wound-healing response to reduce the signs of aging without the use of chemicals or surgery.
a. Data on file. Individual results may vary.
- Hantash BM, Ubeid AA, Chang H, Kafi R, Renton B. Bipolar fractional radiofrequency treatment induces neoelastogenesis and neocollagenesis. Lasers Surg Med. 2009;41(1):1-9.
- Alexiades-Armenakas M, Newman J, Willey A, et al. Prospective multicenter clinical trial of a minimally invasive temperature-controlled bipolar fractional radiofrequency system for rhytid and laxity treatment. Dermatol Surg. 2013;39(2):263-273.
- Howard D. Structural changes associated with aging skin. The International Dermal Institute website. http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/11_article_Structural_Changes_AssociatAs_with_Aging_Skin.html. Accessed August 31, 2018.
- Willey A, Kilmer S, Newman J, et al. Elastometry and clinical results after bipolar radiofrequency treatment of skin. Dermatol Surg. 2010;36(6):877-884.
- Alexiades M, Berube D. Randomized, blinded, 3-arm clinical trial assessing optimal temperature and duration for treatment with minimally invasive fractional radiofrequency. Dermatol Surg. 2015;41(5):623-632.
- Candela, data on file.
- Berube D. How Profound effectively treats cellulite via collagenesis and elastogenesis. 2016. Candela, data on file.
- Berube D. Real-time temperature feedback for clinical reproducibility: the mechanism of action of Profound. 2015. Candela, data on file.
- Alexiades-Armenakas M, Rosenberg D, Renton B, Dover J, Arndt K. Blinded, randomized, quantitative grading comparison of minimally invasive, fractional radiofrequency and surgical face-lift to treat skin laxity. Arch Dermatol. 2010;146(4):396-405.
- Alexiades M, Munavalli G, Goldberg D, Berube D. Prospective multicenter clinical trial of a temperature-controlled subcutaneous microneedle fractional bipolar radiofrequency system for the treatment of cellulite. Dermatol Surg. 2018;1-10. doi: 10.1097.
- McIntosh J. Collagen: what is it and what are its uses? Medical News Today website. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/262881.php. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Elastin (medical definition). MedicineNet website. https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=24541. Accessed November 13, 2018.
- Hyaluronic acid (medical definition). MedicineNet website. https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=25768. Accessed November 13, 2018.