Male and female subjects of varying skin types were treated for POC with the Vbeam Prima. Blinded physician reviewers found a significant rate of success without hypo/hyperpigmentation or scarring.
PubMed Reference: Bernstein EF, Schomacker K, Paranjape A, Jones CJ. Lasers Surg Med. 2018 Nov 27.
- 17 subjects (10 females, 7 males; mean age 55±4 years, range 47-61 years; Fitzpatrick Skin Types I-IV) with Poikiloderma of Civatte (POC) completed the study.
- Vbeam Prima parameters for 4 monthly treatments:
- 15mm with mean fluence 5-5.7 J/cm2 , pulse repetition rate of 1.5 Hz.,1.5 ms pulse duration
- DCD cooling (40ms cooling/20ms delay).
- 3 blinded physician reviewers graded improvement on a 11-point scale of from 0 to 100%improvement in 10% increments.
- Blinded evaluation success rate of 94% (16/17 post-treatment images correctly identified).
- Significant improvement (P<0.0001) with mean score of 4.9, corresponding to 49.2%improvement.
- No or mild transient erythema, purpura or edema following treatment.
- No hypo-/hyperpigmentation or scarring.