This study highlights the use of the PicoWay Zoom on several men and women with café-au-lait macules. Good to excellent improvement was shown for all subjects evaluated nine months later.
PubMed Reference: Artzi O, Mehrabi JN, Koren A, et al. Lasers Med Sci. 2017 Nov.
- 16 subjects (5 males, 11 females) with skin phototypes II-IV and mean age 26 years with 1-3 café-au-lait macules (CALMs) present since birth
- 1-4 PicoWay Zoom 532nm treatments, with spot size of 4–5 mm and fluence of 0.8–1.6 J/cm2 at 4 to 8-week intervals
- Follow-up at 9 months after the final treatment
- 2 blinded dermatologists assessed clinical images, using a 6-point scale (0 = exacerbated to 5=complete (96–100%) clearance)
- 15 subjects evaluated at 9 months; 1 non-responder dropped from the study
- All 15 patients demonstrated good to excellent improvement (mean ±3.76 ± 0.94) on the 0-5 scale
- Treatments were well tolerated with minimal complications
- Only two patients experienced partial recurrence
- High subject satisfaction and comfort associated with treatment