Join Key Opinion Leading Plastic Surgeon Dr Andreas Fox from Artisan Aesthetic Clinics in Sydney as he discusses non-surgical facial and body rejuvenation for increasing dermal elastin, collagen an
Message from the CEO
As we kick off 2020, I wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation for your ongoing support and loyalty to Candela. Because of you, we had another wonderful year. 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Candela and we are excited to continue our steadfast commitment to success for the next 50 years. The start of this new year will bring many new initiatives that will offer you new opportunities to best support your patients and practice. But first, I wanted to share some highlights from the second half of 2019.
- In July, we celebrated our two-year anniversary as a private company. These past 2 years we’ve focused on executing upon our strategic plans
- We moved! In October, the Global headquarters for Candela relocated from its outgrown offices in Wayland, MA to Marlborough, MA—offering more space and ability to connect all of our functions in a shared location
- Our UK facility moved to a new location to support our strategy of direct market presence. Additionally, we opened a new office in Melbourne,
- Australia. The new office is in an ideal location, extending our ability to host on-site physician education programs, clinical training and product demonstrations
- We have transferred manufacturing to a state of the art facility and are progressing rapidly with the transferring of our other platforms in 2020
- In September, we celebrated the 30th anniversary of Candela’s operations in Japan. Several KOL’s from Japan, doctors from Korea and China, as well as over 500 individual practitioners joined us to celebrate our technology, clinical and market leadership
- We launched the PicoWay® 730nm and 532nm Resolve Fusion™ handpieces in our APAC region and secured FDA and Health Canada clearances
- At the end of September, Candela held its 6th European Academy in Rome. Over 2 days, 200 physicians from over 30 countries in EMEA enjoyed learning opportunities in a stylish setting
- Our VelaShape system celebrated its 15-year anniversary with over 15 million treatments performed worldwide. VelaShape system continues to drive high consumer awareness and demand
- We have invested over $50M in our quality, systems and infrastructure as we continue to support our leadership position
I am very excited about the new year and the many opportunities we will bring to you and your patients. In early 2020, we will be rolling out several new products, new value-added services and tools, and support initiatives as we continue to build upon our commitment to being the #1 medical aesthetic device company worldwide. The success of Candela has been based on three guiding principles: Science, Results and Trust, and this will continue to be our foundation and apply to everything we do. Thank you again for your trust this year, and I wish you and your families a happy, healthy and safe new year.
Geoff Crouse, CEO, Candela