This study examined several female subjects with signs of facial skin aging who underwent four separate EXCEED microneedling sessions. Wrinkles were later assessed for nine separate facial areas using the Lemperle Grading Scale and significant improvements were found.
PubMed Reference: Ablon G. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2018 Aug;11(8):29-34.
- 48 subjects (47 females, mean age 55.1 years, range 39-67 years) with signs of facial skin aging underwent 4 EXCEED microneedling sessions at 30 days apart.
- The needle cartridge was moved in circular motion across the face, with needle depths of 0.7 to 1.3mm for glabella frown lines, 0.5 to 0.8mm for periorbital lines and 0.9 to 1.3mm for cheek folds to achieve pinpoint bleeding.
- Wrinkles were assessed for 9 separate facial areas using the Lemperle Grading Scale (0-5 numeric scale).
- Global wrinkle score (mean of 9 facial area grades) assessed at Day 150.
- Significant improvement (p<0.001) in global wrinkle score with mean 1.23 point-improvement at Day 150.
- Mild and moderate erythema observed after treatment. 8 cases of mild herpes simplex labialis (HSL).
- No serious adverse effects reported