PubMed Reference: Lee JH, Kim M, Bae JM, et al. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015 Aug.
- 30 Korean subjects (24 females, 6 males) with Fitzpatrick Skin Types IV-V and papulopustular rosacea (PPR)
- Group A: 22 patients with mild-to-moderate PPR treated with laser alone
- Group B: 8 patients with severe PPR treated with laser + doxycycline (100 mg twice daily)
- 3 full-face Nd:YAG GentleMax treatments (40 to 50 J/cm2, 50 msec pulse duration and a 10-mm spot size, DCD cooling) at 4-week intervals
- Blinded evaluation (3 dermatologists) at 4 weeks after the last treatment, using a 4- point severity grading system for rosacea.
- Excellent to good overall improvement was seen in 77.3% (17 of 22) of patients in Group A and 87.5% (7 of 8) of patients in Group B
- Significant decrease in papule/pustule activity and improvement in erythema score.