With the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak affecting people across the globe, Candela is dedicated to acutely monitoring, responding and supporting customers. We have created this resource site to provide easy access to a wide range of information related to COVID-19. We encourage you to continually check this site as well as the Department of Health website for the most current information and updated guidelines.
We encourage you to share these resources with family, friends, and colleagues. If you have a resource you would like us to share here, please reach out to email@example.com
Candela Cares Series
Below is a collection of resources that may be helpful to Candela customers, partners, and employees.
CUSTOMER Support Hotlines
- You can contact our customer support on 1300 226 335 (CANDELA) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please call us at 1300 226 336 (CANDELA) or email Tara Telfer on email@example.com
- Please contact Tara Telfer for in-service training as this will now be conducted online
- Please check out the Service folders on Practice 360 to access these valuable tips or visit us at candelamedical.com/servicetips.
- Please call us at 1300 226 335 (CANDELA) for technical support or to schedule service.You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding Candela devices.
ONGOING EDUCATIONAL WEBINARS
Healthy Restart Resources
PRACTICE TOOLS & RESOURCES
- 20 Questions to Guide Your Restart Strategy
- Re-Opening Toolkit for Medical Spas
- Candela recommendations for business continuity upon re-opening
- A Path to Resume Aesthetic Care Guidance Supplement
- The Aesthetic Society COVID-19 Safety Task Force - Reopening Office and Resuming effective Elective Procedures
WORKPLACE TOOLS & RESOURCES
Webinars on COVID-19
Dr John Sullivan Webinar: Keeping Patients, Medical and Other Staff Safe In The Setting Of COVID19 When Doing Energy Based Device Treatments
Time: 7pm - 7.45pm AEST
Are you interested in learning more about how to keep your patients, medical and other staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic when doing energy based device treatments?
Join Key Opinion Leading Dermatologist Dr John Sullivan from Kingsway Dermatology in Sydney as he discusses how to safely treat patients in your clinic with energy based devices during the COVID19 pandemic.
We recognize that you are heavily focused on assessing how best to serve and protect your patients or customers during this difficult time, at the same time you have to work out innovative ways to manage your team remotely when needed. In recognition of this, we have invited Roald Andersen from AccessOrange to share tips to optimize teamwork utilizing cloud service. At Candela, we are going above and beyond to think for you and help you throughout this difficult period.
- Keeping Your Business Healthy During a Public Health Crisis
- Resources to Help Your Small Business Survive the Coronavirus
- Help Your Small Business Stay Healthy with a Coronavirus Crisis Communications Plan
- Ten Tips for Leading Companies out of Crisis
- 4 Strategies to Help Your Business Recover From Coronavirus
- How to handle crisis situations at your small business
- Tips for small businesses to stay connected, afloat during coronavirus shutdown
- Business Continuity Plans and COVID-19: How to Prepare
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Business Going in Hard Times
- 7 Ways to Make Your Business Thrive in Tough Economic Times
- How leaders can bridge the empathy gap in a crisis
- Mental Health In The Workplace: Leading In The COVID-19 Context
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Manage Anxiety & Stress during crisis
Tools & Resources
- Managing your practice through the COVID-19 outbreak (via AAD)
- A Marketing Response Plan: How to keep your business healthy in uncertain times (via Medical Marketing Wiz)
- AmSpa Coronavirus Resource Center
- Doxy.Me: The Simple, Free, and Secure Telemedicine Solution (HIPPA Compliant)
- AIG: Complimentary COVID-19 Marketing Care Package
- ZOOM: Free video web conferencing
- Facebook Business Boost Grant
- Podcast: Coronavirus and Your Medical Spa: Medical and Business Perspective
- Podcast: Coronavirus and Your Practice: An HR Perspective
- Podcast: COVID-19 and Your Medical Spa: Not Business as Usual
- Podcast: Managing Cash Flow Amid the COVID-19 Crisis
- Podcast: Flooded with information & starving for Wisdom (via True to Form with Tim Sawyer)
- Podcast: Applying for Emergency Funding Under the Payment Protection Program
- The Train Doesn’t Stop, featuring John Wheeler, CEO of the Esthetics Center of El Dorado Hills